D– The guitar body forms the dominant. The curves that bend outwards and inwards are there to help the guitar rest firmly on your lap.
SD– The guitar neck that points upwards is the subdominant. It stretches out of the mid portion of the guitar body. That makes it easy for one to grip the neck firmly and bring it around wherever you go.
SO– That would be the “headstock”. It’s the part where you see those 6 “switches” for the guitar strings, and you can twist and turn the switches as and when you like it.
Another SO could be the sound hole. It’s the circular hole in the body. What make it the SO is the fact that it gives contrast to the large surface surrounding it. Also, since it’s a hole, it works in giving the guitar sound an echo.
The object is a loofah. It’s the thing that you use to scrub your body with body gel. It’s meant to spread the body gel all over your body so it keeps you clean from head to toe.
What was interesting to me was the texture and the lightweight feel of it. You can squeeze it as hard as you can, but it’ll bounce back to it own shape. The nets are all out in different layers, which is useful for it’s function. The function as in, it makes it easy for you to spread the soap all across your body and your arms and your sexy curves and everything else 😉
Dominant– The layers of nets. They form the largest part of the loofah, and it’s the most visible.
Subdominant– not too sure. I think it’s the spaces between the layers of nets. The space which curves inwards, help to bring out the nets to its convex shape. That kind of helps the net to function properly, where this part helps to spread the gel product all over your body.
Subordinate– Either holes in the nets or the pale-ish yellow colour.
Click here for the photos/videos
Those triangular white little thing is a make up sponge. I cut of the surface area to create some depth and and create holes in them. I wanted the sponge to have a bit more texture. That’s my marking tool #1.
As for #2, I used the cross section of a kiwi. I love the symmetry of the kiwi and the lines that pull out of the centre of the kiwi. The seeds also add some textural element to it as well.
AS for #3, I used the skin of the kiwi. I thought the furry and rough surface could give some kind of line pattern on paper, even if it’s not that obvious.
As for #4, I used the straws I just cut the straws in small sizes, and put them together so it’s faster to make a mark out of it. The rigid lines are bold when they’re painted over, I thought that was interesting.
I also used a white gauze. I thought the layers of nets give very fluid lines shapes when you make marks over it.
I used feathers from a feather duster as well. What was interesting is also the thin soft lines that are formed.
Rice was also used, by simply shading over it with paper on top. They look like termites scattered around. I like how they look scattered and all over the place.
Welcome to Open Source Studio. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!