- Umbrella cover with dual materials that absorbs water from rain as soon as cover senses material of the umbrella and able to dry it quickly.
- Use an electronic eraser that follows the movement of waving hang gestures to wipe off dirt from a whiteboard.
- Belt tighter made to control how tight belt bucks is over waist without touching it.
Overview of the project
- To create an umbrella cover with dual material that absorbs water from umbrella so that you can store it immediately without anything else getting wet, efficient way with after-use of umbrella
- To ease use of magnet-attached duster by adding electronics and sensors to ease movement of duster on whiteboard – easy erasing
Few sentences / Image
- A wet-umbrella cover that is water absorbent and doesn’t wet the surrounding objects once the umbrella is slot into holder
- An automated white board eraser that follows hand gestures to wipe dust off board / An Automated eraser that moves according to user-controlled object attached to it
Context / Rationale
- Immediate dry after using small umbrella for easy storage in bag. Normally after using it after use from rain, the wetness keeps one from not storing it immediately inside the bag, inconvenient to store in holder because it is not water absorbent, holder usually misplaced or lost ( there are exceptions :P) By adding dual material with inner layer – a material that absorbs water, and outer layer – a material that holds shape of umbrella & strong handgrip.
- This reduce effort needed by people, usually educators using the duster to wipe of dirt from board. Reduces effort, reduces unnecessary time wastage, allows user to control direction of duster for erasing
Why is this relevant?
- This is relevant in a wet weather where there is little to no space for an umbrella to be dried off immediately, unless you are at a given space for a long period of time. By introducing an umbrella cover, it removes the hassle of finding a space to leave it out in the open, as likelihood of drying takes longer ( esp in wet weather), and also possibility of misplacement, forgetfulness and theft.
- Allows another user to wipe off dirt with little effort; simply make wiping hand gestures that allows movement of duster on board. This is relevant in a period where unnecessary time need not be wasted on activities such as erasing the board
Solution to a problem? Design Object? Experience ?
- Solution to a problem – reduces time and effort, likelihood of misplacement and theft
- Solution to the problem – reduces time and effort in a time-structured setting such as teaching in a classroom, discussion in a board room where whiteboard is used as a medium
Aesthetic/Artistic realm -or- Design realm
- Assuming the mini umbrella has 8 flaps, the holder can slot 8 flaps fittingly, dual material with inner and outer layera. Inner material – thin foam, spongy material, any material water absorbentb. Outer Material – rough but thin that can be easily gripped by hands, flexible so it is wrappable before making a lockInteractive Element: ??
- An object that moves on its own without
Similar works, critique and differences
Interaction (describe how people will interact with it, cover many scenarios):
Metaphor / Principles
a. Inner material – thin foam, spongy material, any material water absorbent
b. Outer Material – rough but thin that can be easily gripped by hands, flexible so it is wrappable before making a lock ( exploe biodegradable material)