Find a more unique approach to tackle the endangered animals subject or loss of biodiversity
Current problem statement: endangerment by urbanization
- Dig a little deeper into how urbanization in Singapore has impacted these animals
- Other than just the removal of habitat, what other ways of urbanization (e.g. plastic consumption) contribute to these problems
- could try to link back to the original problem statement about coexistence
Current interaction: motion sensors that track human presence that will trigger animations of human impact to the animals/habitat
- Explore other mediums other than interactive projections
- Think of interactions using objects where their actions create a reaction to the artwork
- Try to see if participants can contribute something to the artwork
- Find more artworks that are related to this topic.
WHATS WRONG, FIZAH?
Currently, I am terrified of choosing the wrong topic. I want to make sure that I have my topic right and be confident about it.
That’s probably why I’m taking a bit more time in the conceptual phase.
Other than that, I slightly regret choosing the topic of animals for several reasons:
- obviously this topic is very overdone, so I have a huge burden to think outside of the box and make something different and unique.
- difficult to incorporate self-expression. When I reviewed other student’s works, I could see how the artwork represents who they are, and I feel like I’m starting to lose my own identity in my project, by focusing on “solving the problem”. Now, I need to find the right balance of “self-expression” and “problem-solving”.
But there is no going back now. I’m going to stick to this animal topic and find a solution.
By the next meeting, I hope that I can have a solid problem statement and have a rough idea of what interactions/narrative I would like with some possible small prototypes.