Interactive Devices Final Project: Obsoleting Instruments Process 1.
After the Initial concept, I’ve 3D modeled the Laser mount and Photoresistor mount.
And after the Laser mount was done and working great, I went ahead to print the Photo Resistor mount.
It is designed to hold the photo resistor and allow the connector of each Photoresistor to be protruded out so that I could solder the circuit with the pull down resistor right on the module to remove the need for having a breadboard in the Telephone as the space will be limited in it, and i guess this will be the more efficient way of doing thing while making sure all connections are secured.
The soldering took some time to complete but luckily for me, I only need to do it once, or so I thought… (some part broke when I bring this to school so I did re-solder it again.)
I also purchased an old Landline Telephone on Carousell, I must say that Carousell is a wonderful thing.
In the end, the only part that could be reused is the phone’s body, the speaker/handle/hearing thing, the buttons and the telephone wire.
Meanwhile, I started to write the code on Arduino for the Laser and Photoresistor.